CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Ultrasound

Well, Hannah couldn't get an appointment today for the ultrasound.

When I talked with the doctor yesterday he made it sound like they would just work her in sometime today to do it. When I called first thing this morning (they were already closed yesterday by the time I got to talk to the dr.) she said that he had only entered the order to be done as a routine ultrasound - her next available appointment is March 31st @ 8am so I scheduled it for then. Of course, Mark got back from running to the commissary and there was a message that they had a cancellation for today - however, she can't have had anything to eat, drink, smoke, chew, etc. since 10 pm the previous night. She's already been up and had eaten breakfast, hello!!! Oh, well!! We'll wait for the 31st unless they can give me the day before heads up.

If forgot - the other thing the Dr. said to do was to go ahead and stop the birth control pills because oral contraceptives can cause gall bladder problems in some people. He said it also could be the pills that are causing her nausea/vomitting - so we will stop those today as well. Hopefully it is just the pills and we'll have to find something else for her to be on.

Also, on her hearing test - I didn't explain far enough - in her right ear she hear 97% of the tones but in her left she only hear 84%. The audiologist said that 84% is still showing the slight loss but not enough to need her hearing aids. She said that with Hannah's visual impairment that if Hannah felt the need to wear the hearing aids, especially when out doing Orientation and Mobility training (learning to get around by sound/feel/w/her cane only) then she says Hannah can do that.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Not to freak you out, but here is a link to my friend, Kara's, bad experience with birth control and health problems. She writes about it several times on her blog, but honestly, this post sums it up well.

http://highmaintenancegranola.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html

Maria said...

The link appears to be too long, so I am going to hit return in the middle. You'll need to paste it back together.

http://highmaintenancegranola.blogspot.com/
2007/05/usas-hmos-suck.html

Kyra said...

Not freaking out. I am actually a little more relieved now that her pancrease levels were normal because I wasn't liking what I was reading online. I can deal with the gall bladder issue and I can deal with trying to find another form of BC for her. I can't deal with the puking all the time and neither can she. She's lost 9 lbs. since this started. She's 6 ft 1 in and only weighs 160 lbs.