CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Broken embroidery machine

Well, I broke my embroidery machine yesterday. I was VERY upset. It comes with 4 different standard hoops and when you select one of those hoops on the machine to use it shows you a picture on the screen. The outside edge of the hoop is in black, the inside "safe" area (this is where the needle can safely embroider without hitting the hoop) is in red and your design is in blue.

Well, you can purchase other size hoops for the machine but you have to enter it manually - so I did that. Well, not realizing that it doesn't indicated the "safe" area for you and even though I did a trace (the machine moves the needle around the hoop "tracing" the shape of the design to show you where the placement will be) and didn't have any problems - when it was stitching out the presser foot hit the hoop and it broke the needle. So, I changed the needle and put something else on the machine in a different hoop (using the same design though). Well, when that hoop moved, apparently the pressure foot was bent and I didn't realize it because it caught on the edge of the different hoop and REALLY bent. I was so upset because this is not an inexpensive machine and I just knew that Mark was going to be mad.

Well, he wasn't - he said to just order the part. He said some parts are meant to break so that you don't damage bigger parts. From what I can tell that is the only thing that is wrong. Still I was very upset. And, I am trying to get ready for a craft show that I have in 2 weeks and it doesn't help having my machine down.

0 comments: