CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Test results

Well, I got my first test results back from the neurologist on Friday. I ended up going to visit Dr. R again because I had another "episode" of what happened in July. Of course, by the time they could get me in to see Dr. R. I wasn't having an "episode". However, she is very concerned and wants to get my MRI moved up sooner from the October 28th date that I have.

The test results from the EEG came back normal. However, she said that normal doesn't mean that I am not having seizures. An abnormal EEG would confirm that that is what was going on. So, I guess that test didn't do any bit of good.

I guess we'll have to see how soon she can get the MRI moved up to and go from there. She told me that she could put me on seizure medicine if I wanted her to but I told her no. There is no sense in putting me on medication that I don't even or may not even need. I'll wait for the MRI results, thank you.

The whole deal with the MRI is that they can do it on Ft. Riley but they were more than 30 days out so Tricare was going to refer me off post. Well, Tricare wanted more information from the Dr. as to why I had to have it done because an MRI for a family member has to have a "second level" approval (whatever that means). Well, my records from the first visit to Dr. R were out for dictation and by the time they would get them back and get them to Tricare and we'd go through the whole approval process it would probably take about a month so that is why I am scheduled on Ft. Riley on October 28th.

Now, since Dr. R doesn't want me to wait that long - she is going to use my office visit to her on Friday to submit to Tricare and she is putting "urgent" on the MRI request so hopefully I will know something sooner and can get it done off post in the next week or so. I'll keep everyone posted on that.

0 comments: