CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Packing for a trip

Well, we are getting Hannah packed for a trip. She will leave on Tuesday to go to Breckenridge, CO on a ski trip. She is part of a Campfire group called "Adventure Fitness". It is a group of visually impaired children/teens. This will be her third year going on the trip. The only difference is that this year they will be flying instead of taking the bus and Hannah is scared. This will be the first time that she will be old enough to remember flying. I have told her that she will be fine but I don't think that she believes me.

Anyway, when she goes on the trip they go skiing with sighted guides, they go tubing and they do a ropes course. She absolutely loves the trip. It makes me nervous when she goes because it is my job to protect her and I am not able to be there to do that. Being visually impaired and skiing just don't go together in my mind but I have to believe she will be fine. I have told her that just because she is visually impaired there is nothing that she can't do if she sets her mind to it. It would probably scare me more if I were there to watch her ski instead of letting her go on her own.

We'll just pray she is safe and has a good time like she always does!!

Well, off to finish helping her pack.

0 comments: